The LA84 Foundation is a direct legacy of the highly successful 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games. The 1984 Games defied expectations, featuring stirring ceremonies, memorable sports performances, teams from a record-number 140 nations, innovative designs, thousands of dedicated volunteers and smooth-running logistics. The Games also produced a surplus of $232.5 million. The United States Olympic Committee received 60 percent of the surplus to fund athlete development programs. The remaining 40 percent provided the endowment for the LA84 Foundation, which to date has invested more than $185 million in youth sports in Southern California. Learn more about the 1984 Olympic Games and the Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee.
Mon, January 4, 2010
by Dennis Lovelace filed under